Get a head start on college by taking dual credit classes. Eligible students can take college courses for “Dual Credit” to earn credits in high school and college concurrently. Even better, approved students receive reimbursement for tuition once the course is completed and the student has received a grade of “C” or better. Class delivery options include: on-line, at an I-DEA resource center, or on campus at participating colleges. Over 80% of I-DEA graduates earn college credit, with approximately 20% getting their Associate's Degree. Get your child started on their college career before they even leave high school!
Besides earning college credit, dual credit classes offer I-DEA students many other benefits and advantages. Here are a few of the biggest:
- Statistics show higher rates of enrolling in college after high school and graduating with postsecondary degrees.
- Save money with reduced tuition rates and reimbursement through I-DEA.
- Increase admission chances by showing colleges and universities your child's motivation for learning at the next level.
- Open the doors for creativity by increasing the variety of electives your child can take.
Here are a few of the most popular dual credit classes I-DEA students take:
- MATH - Trigonometry, Precalculus, and Calculus
- BIOL 100 - Introduction to Biology
- COMM 101 - Intro to Speech Communication
- POLS 101 - American National Government
- SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology
- PSYC 101 - Introduction to Psychology
- CSC 105 - College Study Skills